To prepare each student for successful participation in the Job Corps experience by providing a Career Preparation Period (CPP) designed to assist each student to:
- Acclimate to center life.
- Acquire basic skills that will enhance career readiness and job search competencies.
- Explore and select a career pathway, set short-term, mid- and long-term goals, and develop an individualized career plan to guide achievement of those goals.
To enable staff to:
- Assist each student to acclimate to center life.
- Identify and address each student’s personal issues that may be barriers to successful adjustment and participation.
- Tailor the combination of services to each student’s needs and support achievement of each student’s career goals.