a. Centers must ensure that each student receives ongoing evaluations, conducted by an interdepartmental Career Management Team (CMT).
b. Each student’s interdepartmental CMT must conduct a formal evaluation prior to the student’s entry into CDP. The formal evaluation must include, at a minimum:
1. An assessment of the student’s progress and readiness to participate in career development activities.
2. Collaboration with the student to review, verify, and finalize his or her initial My Pathway to Achieving Career Excellence (MyPACE) Career Plan, including:
(a) Short-term training goals (career technical training program selection and academic goal)
(b) Mid-term career goal (job placement, apprenticeship, advanced training, military enlistment, or post-secondary education). An assessment to determine if the career pathway is appropriate for the student (Refer to Exhibit 2-2 Prerequisite Guidelines to Career Pathway Entry)
(c) Long-term career goal (ultimate career that the student will progress toward)
(d) Tasks associated with career development and transitional needs as identified in PRH Chapter 2, Section 2.5.R2 My Pathway to Achieving Career Excellence Career Plan
3. Collaboration with the student to identify the personalized combination of career development activities that will move the student toward meeting the Career Success Standards (CSS) and his or her career goals.
R2. Transition to Career Development Period
a. Assign students to career development activities based on each individual student’s progress and readiness to participate.
b. Schedule support services for each student, as needed, to address personal issues that still present barriers to full program participation.
c. Assign student a Pathway Achievement Record (PAR) based on his/her mid-term placement goal (direct job placement, apprenticeship, advanced training, military enlistment, or postsecondary education). The interdepartmental CMT will assign staff during the Career Development Period (CDP) to:
d. Ensure career plans include signatures from representatives for each department identified on the career plan.
1. Monitor, assist, and support the student in the completion of PAR tasks and activities, including transitional needs.
2. Identify completion timelines and follow up.
e. Submit each student’s initial MyPACE Career Plan to the Center Director or senior management designee for review and approval. (Reference Exhibit 2-1 MyPACE Career Plan Checklist and Exhibit 2-2 Placement Prerequisite Guidelines to Career Pathway Entry)
f. Retain a copy of approved MyPACE Career Plan and PAR in each student’s permanent personnel file and upload any updated versions in the student’s e-Folder.